Monday, February 20, 2012

VCP Passed

I took my VCP510 exam today, and passed! I am chuffed as I really didn't put enough effort in.

I think VMware have moved the exams in a much better direction than VCP410 with less emphasis on maximums and more on learnt knowledge. I am especially happy because we only use FC and haven't implemented many of the new features, I also don't have a lab at home and haven't had time to run through this in the office. So as a result I haven't had any significant real world real hands on with vCSA, Auto-Deploy, iSCSI, SDRS, etc. To try and get this info I read most of Scott Lowes excellent book "Mastering VMware vSphere 5", which gave me a good basic understanding of these new features and then read PDFs to get more detailed knowledge.

I do wish one thing, the Mock test, is just too easy and doesn't give a good representation of where you are on the knowledge tree.

Going to work towards VCAP-DCD now.

No comments:

Post a Comment